Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Obviously, it's been a long while since I last wrote. Life has been a whirlwind, but I'm back in the saddle again (as Steven Tyler would say.) I won't bore you with the details of life since my last excerpt, but I will let you all know the latest and greatest...

  • I live in a great little home in Denver and absolutely love the place. (The same place I posted pics of early on.)
  • I finally landed a big girl job back in April - an outstanding company with terrific coworkers, not stressful and no demanding hours. I couldn't ask for more. What do I do? A little difficult to explain (definitely not the quick "I'm in advertising" response that I favored.) I'm an inside sales rep for a software company responsible for its licensing renewals. Huh?...I know, but it was worth a try to explain. The point - I'm happy and for those of you who knew my advertising days, you understand how big that is for me. Cheers to being happy with my job.

That's the big stuff you've missed since my early weeks in Denver. As for making more friends in Denver, I'm no longer befriending the squirrels in the park. I'll leave that up to the homeless crazies who probably put peanut butter on their lips to talk to the squirrels.

Highlights: Film on the Rocks for The Big Lebowski, Wii party with coworkers, hiking in the snow in June and the funniest Apples to Apples game. Inquire about any or all and I will share the entertaining details.

Accidental Denver...

My new favorite store in Denver is Le Equipment in Larimer Square. I stumbled upon it one day when I was roaming around the city during my first solo trip downtown. It's a quaint shop that sells anything wine or drinking-related with a store owner who entertains with stories and recommendations. To top it off, there is a sweet golden retriever who mans the place by laying on the hardwood floors in the most inconvenient spots. His strategic resting gets me everytime and I end up petting him for half the time I'm there. The reason why I love stumbling upon something new in Denver.

Life is good at high altitude and looking forward to what's still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment